Halfway between New Zealand and Hawaii, lays the picturesque islands of Samoa.
Samoa is a place of beauty and tranquillity, with rugged, mountainous peaks, white sand beaches, lush fertile valleys, stunning waterfalls and vibrant tropical forests.
Survivor Samoa Surf & Beach Resort will be located on one of Samoa’s largest islands, Upolu in Western Samoa. Upolu is also home to the county’s capital, Apia.
Overlooking Faaiofu Bay, our Samoa Resort will offer guests the opportunity to explore the beauty of the island, through a spectacular range of outdoor activities. Guests will be able to enjoy snorkelling in the turquoise lagoons, hiking through the rugged forest, leisurely kayaking or fishing, jet skiing and more.
Guests will also be offered insight into the Fa’a Samoan (cultural heritage). Visit nu’u (villages), meeting houses, churches and open fale (homes) surrounding the malae (village green).
Quick Facts for your Western Samoa Getaway
- Falelolo International Airport, 35km from Apia on the island of Upolu, is Samoa’s main entry point. The airport is just a 25 minute drive from Survivor Samoa Surf & Beach Resort
- Samoa's climate is tropical all year round, with an average daily temperature of 29 degrees Celsius. There are two distinct seasons – the dry season running from May to October and the wet season from November to April
- The Samoa currency is the Tala (dollar) and Sene (cent): 100 Sene = ST$1 (Tala). All major foreign currencies are exchangeable in Samoa
- Credit cards are widely accepted in the major hotels, restaurants and stores and Travellers’ cheques are widely accepted at major banks and hotels
- Light summer clothing is appropriate all year round. Visitors are asked to wear lavalava (sarong) pants or shorts and t-shirt, when venturing into villages and town centres
- Visitors to Samoa are not required to obtain an entry permit for stays of less than 60 days, however you must have a return or onward ticket and your passport must be valid for six months or more at the time of entry into the country